Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Who stole my baby?


Genevieve,

I know it doesn't seem possible, but you  turn 1 year old today.  Where did the time go, you ask?  Well, Mommy doesn't know.  To Mommy, you are still my tiny little baby.  My tiny little baby that weighs more than just a little bit, who your Daddy and I affectionately call "El Hefto".  My tiny little baby who says Momma and Dadda and bye bye and all done and others that we've lost track of and signs more and all done and milk and walks and laughs and wrestles with your sister and jumps off the slide and wants nothing more to be a big girl like your big sister.

How did this happen?  How did my tiny (ok, you were never tiny, little miss 9lbs and 1oz at birth) little baby turn into a full-blown toddler?

We've had a rough year, you and I.  With Mommy battling some rough postpartum depression and then losing Grandpa, Mommy hasn't always been able to enjoy or love on you as much as I would have liked.  And for that I am truly sorry, Genevieve.  But I want you to know that your Mommy loves and adores you to bits and pieces.  And I am so incredibly proud of you.

I love you, Stink Butt, to the moon and back.

Momma

No comments: