Wednesday, September 28, 2011

3 years old

My dearest Annabella,

Today you turn 3 years old.  Three!  I can hardly believe it.  And yet here we are.  We have officially exited the terrible twos (you hear that, Boo, you can stop being so stubborn all the time now...)  You are able to do more and more every day.  I'm starting to get glimpses about who you are, who I think you'll be, and I'm just so excited for you.

This past year has been a big year for us, but I think the biggest change for you has been getting used to your little sister.  Watching you two learn to play together is so sweet, and so frustrating (you can knock off all the fighting now too, please...)  I love how you want to give her hugs and kisses and play peek-a-boo with her, but I just wish you knew how to do those things without smothering her and knocking her over.  I love how you share your toys with her, but I wish that you'd share all your toys with her, not just the rejects you've decided you don't want at that moment.  But really, you two are great together.  Nobody can make Genevieve laugh like you can, and I know you're a great big sister, and that you two will be such great friends one day.

You are very sweet-natured.  When G pulls your hair, you say, "don't pull my hair baby".  Or when she pinches you, you say "don't pinch my skin".  And can I say that I'm very thankful that your first inclination isn't to just sock her.  You are very cooperative with your daycare teachers (though I've heard that they've seen your stubborn streak a little more recently right around nap time.)  You love to sing and we can often hear you singing quietly to yourself in your carseat.  You whisper when you are uncomfortable.

You are starting to understand the world, to remember things, to grow up.  Watching you watch movies melts my heart, because I see you light up and laugh at the funny parts.  If I say that we can do X after Y, then when we finish Y, you ask about X.

You love scissors, sweeping the floor and using the dustpan, coloring, reading books, swimming, Monkey Joe's, the park, the ball pit, Little Mermaid, CinderBella, Shrek, getting snuggles, cooking with us, getting and wiping off kisses, and playing with stuffed animals (especially putting them to bed).

I can't wait to see what this year brings.  There are so many things I want to do with you, and you are right on the cusp of being able to do them.

Mommy loves you to the moon and back.  Just don't grow up too fast.

1 comment:

The Best For Less said...

You forgot to mention how cute they look when they walk around holding hands.

Helena