Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We arrived safely back home after all of our holiday travels in the wee hours of this morning. It is soooo nice to be back. We loved spending time with family and friends, but traveling with 2 little ones was pretty tough.

I'm hoping to blog a little more frequently now that we're back, but the list of stuff to do is huge and never-ending.

So many things have fallen through the cracks, many of which I feel bad about (like not getting out Christmas cards, not responding to all the emails I should have, not getting out thank you cards when I should have, etc.) Some days I just don't know how people do it. I know I'm not the only mother of 2 small children, and I'm sure most of them do a better job keeping in touch with people and such. Again, I just don't know how they do it. So I'm just going to issue a blanket apology here to all the people that I owe a thank you card or an email or a phone call or whatever else. I'm sorry. I appreciate you and the effort you go through to keep in touch. I will try to do better.

I've been thinking a little more recently about why I keep this blog, and I think there are a number of reasons. The first is that I want to keep a record for Annabella and Genevieve. I want them to be able to look back at what I went through and have an honest account of what motherhood was like for their Mommy. I want them to know how much I adore them, but also how hard this can be sometimes.

The second reason I keep this blog is because it helps me work through my feelings. This blog is more like a journal for me than I anticipated. I find myself posting things that I might be embarrassed to say out loud. I know in my head that other people, people I know, actually do read what I write here, but when I'm sitting here writing it, I often don't think about them. I'm not sure how I feel about this though. I know that I still hold back some things, things that I might want my daughters to know one day, feelings that I'd like to work through, because I don't know if I'm ready for the world to know.

The third reason I keep this blog is because I like to update family and friends who aren't right here on how my girls are doing.


No comments: